How to make pumpkin fritters? We explain how to make some delicious wind fritters made with pumpkin puree, also known as Bunyols de carabassa in Valencia.
How to make pumpkin fritters?
- 250 g of pumpkin, cooked and very drained
- 160 g of wheat flour
- 50 g of brown sugar
- An egg L
- A yeast’s packet
- Sugar and cinnamon (to coat once they are fried)
- Boil the pumpkin and strain it, once it is cooked, to drain the water. Blend to puree with it.
- Pour everything into a bowl. Next, add the sugar and flour plus the yeast (previously mixed and sifted).
- Finally, add the beaten egg and mix until it is fully integrated into the batter.
- Heat a pan with sunflower oil and, with the help of a teaspoon, add balls of the dough.
- Finally, coat the fritters in sugar and cinnamon.
How to make pumpkin fritters? Helpful Tips and Tricks
When frying the fritters, be careful not to burn one side more than the other. You have to turn it quickly so that they brown on both sides evenly. It is not advisable to exceed 100 degrees.
If this happens, you have to put the pan aside and let the temperature drop. It is advisable to remove the fritters when they are golden brown and let them drain on a plate lined with paper napkins. It is advisable to change them as they become soaked.
Read More: How to Make Chickpea Chocolate Cake?